Will Brown is the West Africa Correspondent for The Economist Newspaper based in Dakar, Senegal.
Contact : willbrownjourno[at]gmail[.]com
Will was born and raised in South London. He has reported from over ten countries. He has contributed to Al Jazeera, The Guardian, VICE News, The Times, The Spectator, The New Statesman: City Metric, Scroll.in, The Economist's The World in 2018, the New Internationalist, News Deeply and Marie Claire, among others. He has also spoken on Sky News, worked for the British Council in New Delhi and he researched sex trafficking in across India for the BBC.
- Trained by the Press Association in London. NCTJ Diploma in News Reporting.
- First Class degree in History (GPA 4.0) from the University of Manchester.
- Member of the International Federation of Journalists.
- HEFAT Trained.
- Shortlisted for The Times' Richard Beeston Bursary 2017, an award for young foreign affairs journalists.
- Shoot the Frame international portrait award, May 2017.
- Included in Al Jazeera's best photos of 2016.